About Carrie Wrigley
Carrie M. Wrigley, LCSW, has been a counselor for over thirty years, specializing in the treatment of depression, anxiety, sexual abuse, marriage and family issues, and sexual addiction. She counsels men and women, teens and children, in individual, couple, and family sessions.
Carrie received her Masters degree of Social Work from the University of Utah in 1988, and since then worked for nearly 17 years as a counselor for LDS Family Services. She also worked as a counselor for Beacon Family Mental Health and ARTEC (Valley Mental Health) prior to opening her private practice, Morning Light Counseling, in 2009.
Besides her counseling work, Carrie is a popular presenter, having taught at BYU Education Week and elsewhere for over 20 years on topics including “Christ-Centered Healing from Depression;” “Building Blocks to Emotional Wellness, Even in Challenging Times;” “Understanding, Honoring, and Bridging Gender Differences,” and “Happy at Home: Building Family Relationships that Last.”
Carrie is passionate about sharing a message of hope and healing - whether with her clients in the office, or in her speaking and writing. She is the author of "Your Happiness Toolkit: 16 Strategies for Overcoming Depression, and Building a Joyful, Fulfilling Life."
She has appeared as a guest on many podcasts and radio shows, and is a co-host with Seth Adam Smith in a podcast entitled "Look Up and Move Forward."
Reaching the many, healing the one
As a counselor, Carrie specializes in treating:
- sexual abuse and other post-traumatic stress
- marriage and family problems
- grief and loss issues
- sexual addiction (male and female addicts;
- also spouses & others affected by the addiction)
She can also provide coaching and consultation in:
- personality testing and evaluation
- health and physical wellness
- communication skills training
- time management
- stress management
- career coaching and development
- working through life transitions
Professional Training and Background
- Master of Social Work degree (MSW); licensed as an LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- Worked for 30+ years as counselor, providing individual, couple, and family therapy.
- In private practice for 10+ years at Morning Light Counseling, in Sandy, Utah. (ongoing)
- Served for over 20 years as a public health educator, in person and online, providing classes and trainings.
- Became a popular speaker and media guest, appearing on podcasts, video events, radio shows, and live conferences.
- Authored a book: “Your Happiness Toolkit: 16 Strategies for Overcoming Depression, and Building a Joyful, Fulfilling Life.”
- This book is available in print, ebook, and audio forms, and is a great resource for counseling and coaching.
Joy Cometh In the Morning
Morning Light Counseling is designed to extend light and hope in the midst of stormy, perilous times.
While much is amiss in the world, there is also much to celebrate, much to rejoice in.
"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalms 30:5)